YouTube Vanced is a popular modified version of the YouTube app that offers various advanced features, such as ad blocking, background playback, and more. As with any app, it’s important to keep YouTube Vanced updated to ensure you have access to the latest features and improvements.
Like other Third-Party Apps, YouTube Vanced receives frequent rollouts from its developers, adding new streaming attributes and improving the existing ones. However, users must access those Updates Manually through their devices.
In this guide, we will walk you through the process of updating YouTube Vanced on your Android device. We will simplify the process into simple steps, using clear and understandable language, to help you easily update and enjoy the improved YouTube experience.
- 1 Advantages of using an updated version of YouTube Vanced
- 2 Updating YouTube Vanced – Step-by-Step Guide
- 3 Solving Troubleshooting During Update
- 4 Conclusion
Advantages of using an updated version of YouTube Vanced
Updating YouTube Vanced to the latest version provides several benefits that enhance your YouTube experience on Android devices. Here are some benefits one can take advantage of by updating YouTube Vanced:
YouTube Vanced blocks all types of ads, including banner ads, video ads, and sponsored content. This eliminates interruptions during your viewing experience, allowing you to enjoy videos without any disruptive advertisements.
With YouTube Vanced, you can play videos in the background while using other apps or when your mobile screen is off. This feature is useful when you want to listen to music, podcasts, or lengthy videos or you can listen to ASMR which makes you fall asleep and in this manner, your battery life will run for a longer time.
YouTube Vanced allows you to manually select the video resolution, even if it exceeds the default maximum resolution set by YouTube or your device. This means you can enjoy videos in better quality, like 1080p or 4K resolution, even if your device or internet connection may not usually allow it.
YouTube Vanced provides various customization options to personalize the app’s appearance according to your preferences. You can choose from different themes, colors, and layouts to create a visually attractive and personalized YouTube platform.
YouTube Vanced has a zoom feature that makes you use your finger to zoom in and zoom out. This is useful when watching videos more clearly.
YouTube Vanced has a gesture control that adjusts volume and brightness. Now you can simply move your finger up or down on the screen to adjust the volume, and move left or right to change the brightness.
With each update, YouTube Vanced often introduces bug fixes, performance enhancements, and optimizations. These updates ensure a smoother and more stable experience, reducing crashes, or other technical issues you may have encountered in previous versions.
Updating YouTube Vanced – Step-by-Step Guide
Below is the guide leading you to update YouTube Vanced anytime directly from your device. After saying this, you must ensure a stable internet connection during this procedure; otherwise, you could face systematic errors.
Before updating YouTube Vanced, it’s important to check if there is a newer version available. You can do this by following these steps:
- Open the YouTube Vanced app on your mobile phone.
- Tap on the three dots in the top-right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the menu.
- Scroll down and tap on “About.”
- Look for the “App version” section to see the current version installed on your device.
- Visit the official YouTube Vanced website to check if a newer version is available.
Once you have confirmed that a new version of YouTube Vanced is available, you need to download it. Follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome or Firefox on your mobile.
- Search for “YouTube Vanced” or go to the official YouTube Vanced website.
- Move to the download section of the website.
- Choose the appropriate version of YouTube Vanced for your device.
- Select the latest version available for download.
- Tap on the download button to initiate the download process.
- Wait for the APK file to download. It might require a short time, which depends on the speed of your internet connection.
Before installing the update, you need to enable the “Unknown Sources” option on your mobile. This will grant you permission to install applications other than the Play Store. Follow these steps to enable it:
- Open the “Settings” app on your mobile or PC.
- Scroll down and click on “Security” or “Privacy.”
- Look for the “Unknown Sources” option.
- Click the switch to enable it. You will see a warning message; read it carefully and proceed if you understand the risks.
After downloading the latest version of YouTube Vanced and enabling Unknown Sources, you can now proceed with the installation. Here’s how:
- Locate the downloaded APK file of YouTube Vanced. It is usually located in the “Downloads” folder unless you specify a different location.
- Tap on the APK file to start the installation process.
- You may see a notification asking for confirmation to install the application. Tap on “Install” to proceed.
- The installation will start, and you might need to wait for a little while.
- After the installation finishes, you’ll see a message confirming its completion.
- Tap on “Done” to exit the installation process.
To ensure that the update was successful, you can verify the version of YouTube Vanced installed on your device.
- Open the YouTube Vanced app.
- Go to the menu.
- Select “Settings” from the menu.
- Scroll down and tap on “About.”
- Look for the “App version” or “Version” section to confirm that it matches the latest version you downloaded.
Solving Troubleshooting During Update
While updating YouTube Vanced is generally a straightforward process, you may encounter a few common troubleshooting issues. Here are some issues you might come across and ways to solve them:
Your device might stop the installation of apps from unknown sources by default. This can be eliminated by turning on the security option that allows you to install apps from sources. This will let you install apps from different places.
Make sure you download the correct version of YouTube Vanced that is compatible with your device and Android version. Check the official YouTube Vanced website for the appropriate version and ensure that it matches your device specifications.
If the installation doesn’t work, try turning your device off and on again, and then try installing YouTube Vanced once more. Make sure that you have enough storage on your mobile for the installation of YouTube Vanced. Also, check if the file you downloaded is not damaged by downloading it again from a trustworthy source.
If you have other apps on your device related to YouTube, like YouTube Go or the official YouTube app, they might cause issues when updating YouTube Vanced. Uninstall any conflicting apps before updating YouTube Vanced to avoid potential issues.
If you experience crashes or the app becomes unresponsive after updating YouTube Vanced, try clearing the app cache and data. Go to your device’s settings, find the “Apps” or “Applications” section, locate YouTube Vanced, and select “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data.” This clears any temporary files and resets the app, resolving potential stability issues.
If you encounter persistent issues or have specific problems not covered by general troubleshooting steps, seek assistance from the official YouTube Vanced community or relevant forums. Other users or developers may provide guidance or specific solutions based on their experiences.
Remember to look for caution when troubleshooting and ensure that you download YouTube Vanced from trusted sources to minimize the risk of encountering issues.